I know how much y'all love a good winging it
post from me.
You're all free-wheelers. Admit it.
You love the danger. I am your wild-thang.
May this post satisfy your rebellious soul...
(Remember, I always make a list when I am without a plan.)
1. Some of you are aware (well, probably most of you since I've complained about all the work), that The Chief and I (mostly, The Chief, but still, this story wouldn't mean much without my participation) have been finishing the work on a house that we are getting ready to put up for lease. Last night after 3 straight days of back-breaking labor I announced:
"Chief, I think that it's obvious, after all this you know, torture, that the depth of my love for you is you know...deep. But I'm afraid at this point, we may be pretty close to discovering the limits of its depth. What I'm saying Chief is that the love gauge is dangerously low."
I always think it's wise to be honest about my feelings and most especially any feelings that might involve physical pain on my part.
And you know what The Chief said? He said "OK Lu, but before it totally bottoms out would you make sure you finish scraping that caulk around the bathtub so I can replace it?"
He is hilarious.
2. Today is Chinese New Year. I'm not really sure why I know this since I'm not Chinese, but maybe it's because I do love a good Hot and Sour Soup. Anyhoo, apparently we are supposed to clean our homes to rid ourselves of last year's bad luck and make room for this year's good luck and then put away all our brooms to make sure the good luck is not swept away. I'm all about the putting away of the brooms part.
And maybe celebrating the year of the Water Dragon with a crispy egg roll or four.
3. This year I promise I'm going to make a King Cake for Mardi Gras from scratch. I pitifully announce that I plan to do this every single year and then fail to do so. Let's see if I can pull through just this once. If I do I will proudly feature photos of the masterpiece right here and tell you how it tastes.
Because that's what I need to be doing with my healthy eating initiative and all...
4. I could absolutely not be more excited to announce that I am going to New York City at the end of March with a group of my High School girlfriends! I'm not sure if anyone has officially told NYC that we are coming, but let me tell you we plan to STAKE A CLAIM. The fun will be non-stop, never-ending, and dare I say contagious. We have planned for every contingency (of course, I'm not one of the "planners" but I do encourage them with things like Yes! and This will be so awesome!), even what we will do if we get arrested by some handsome policemen resembling those on one of the many COMPLETELY TRUE-TO-LIFE TELEVISION COP SHOWS.
We want to be prepared.
Should we be arrested in our snazzy/fashionable pumps, or would our spiffy walking boots be more practical for incarceration?
There's just so much to think about.
I will try to blog nightly while we're there. I know you won't want to miss the fun.
5. Now I'm off to decide upon a menu for Super Bowl. Any suggestions?
Sayonara, (I know, I know)