(Thank you Pinterest for being the eye on my life.)
Hidee Ho people.
It's hard for me to muster up much enthusiasm as I seem to have developed some sort of odd cold that has settled in my eyes. There's puffiness and oozing like you would not believe, and yes, it's just as attractive as you might imagine.
But there are a few things (5) I've been meaning to share and I should probably give you a heads up now about all the potential boring.
2. My oven blew up. And this time I'm serious. Occasionally I'll use a term like blew up for dramatic effect like yesterday my tube of mascara blew up. Which actually just means that while I was applying my mascara I somehow got black mascara glump spots all over the front of my blouse. And while it seems ever so much more exciting to use the fancy, action language, the reality is I can't wear my glasses while applying mascara and therefore cannot see that I am personally flicking the stuff all over myself each time I joosh the wand in and out of the tube. Blew. Up.
But my oven really blew up. I have a duel fuel double oven. The baking uses gas, and the broiling uses electricity. I was baking something in the smaller side oven and decided I wanted to switch it to broil to get a little color on the top, well, in a twist of fate my broiler element decided to short out in the split second that there was still some gas in the oven and poof! Or should I say POOF.
I was standing right beside it and although uninjured, it just about scared me to death. The Chief even sauntered into the room fairly quickly after the boom (which is saying a lot because he rarely bothers to come check anymore on odd/loud/disturbing noises that come out of the kitchen).
And it appears that my UPS man has absconded with the new broiler element I ordered (and spent all of my Secret Money on).
So the nightmare continues.
5. We've been invaded by owls. Really. Someone needs to do something. All the hooting is very suspicious and eerie. But I think owls are cute so no physical harm or anything. If you're the superstitious type this does not bode well for my entire neighborhood.
4. I wore my cowboy boots yesterday. (!!) It was actually cool enough and I was feeling rather kicky and fun. Until I got home and realized the ruffly beige!! blouse I was wearing had a huge BBQ sauce stain right on the very center ruffly front. That kind of cancelled out any sassiness that I had been feeling and also probably explains the weird and pathetic looks that I got from the ladies that work at Pier One. I guess the lesson is, when you get mascara all over yourself and have to hurriedly switch blouses, you might want to give yourself a cursory look in the mirror before prancing off in your cowboy boots and So Slimming jeans from Chico's.
Major Fashion/Beauty Fail.
1. I need to write a whole post soon about a) me getting a TV recording device for the very first time b) me first trying to figure out if the box-things we have currently sitting near the TV are recordy-thingies or just play-ey-thingies c) me talking to the Comcast customer service (??) people trying to set it up d) me realizing I have evidently buried the original remote to our TV in the backyard somewhere and completely blacked that out of my mind.
I may just make this story a recurring series. Like a looping nightmare of sorts.
3. I have two (2) awesome fall recipes that you're gonna just love. You will be tempted to gift me with money and jewels after I share them.
Please feel free to gift me with money and jewels after I share them.
What have y'all been up to?