Most of you have likely tasted these little jewels before.
The addictive kind.
When my Mom made these when I was growing up I thought of them as diet food (oh the ignorance and the bliss...) I mean wasn't Special K cereal what all the moms ate to try to lose weight way back then? And besides y'all, they have no butter in them... isn't that what makes something diet-y?
A similar snack, The Rice Krispy Treat, even has butter.
So yes, these will clearly MELT THE FAT RIGHT OFF YOUR BODY.
If you've never made them yourself shame on you. I slap your hand.
Nothing could be easier.
Here's the plan:
Skinny Hips Bars (AKA Special K Bars)
1 c. sugar
1 c. light corn syrup
1 c. peanut butter
6 cups Special K cereal
1 (12 oz.) bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 (6 oz.) bag butterscotch chips
1. Pour 6 cups Special K cereal into a large bowl.
2. In a heavy saucepan combine the sugar and corn syrup and heat over med.low heat just until tiny bubbles begin to appear around the edges. (Stir frequently)
3. Stir in the peanut butter until well blended. Remove from heat.
4. Pour the mixture over the cereal. Stir with a wooden spoon to combine. Press (careful! it's still hot) into a greased 9x13 pan.
5. In the microwave carefully melt the choc. chips and butterscotch chips together. Stir well until smooth and well combined. Carefully spread this evenly over the cereal bar mixture. Let cool and cut into bars.
Just don't eat too many too fast. That kind of drastic weight loss isn't healthy.
Not healthy at all.