Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving from the Celery Whisperer

Dear Internets,

Hello. Hi. How are you?

Now some (two) of you have been worried about my lack of posts lately and I am here to assure you that everything is good and right and fine. I'm just very easily distracted.

And also a slacker.

But let's see.


1. I made it to HEB today by 8 am where I expertly filled my cart and was out of there by 8:45. Because really? Have you ever shopped in HEB on the day before Thanksgiving? My 45 minute record time  is only impressive if you completely disregard the fact that I left my list in the car and only got about 7 of the 37 things that were on it. But, not to be outdone by a missing list, I deftly finished out my 37 thing goal with items that I totally don't need at all. Like light Karo syrup and dark Karo syrup and molasses. Because I already have two bottles of each. I begin to panic in early November that OH MY GOSH I WON'T HAVE ANY KARO SYRUP WHEN IT IS TIME  TO MAKE A PECAN PIE and buy another jar every time I go to the store.

Now if I only had some pecans.

2. I took Weegie to the vet at 10:00. He had all his immunizations and an exam and except for his gimpy leg (surgery scheduled for next week) he is the picture of health.
I love my vet - he's cute and likes my dog. What more could a girl want? I also fell hard in love with 3 English Bulldogs in the waiting area and may have asked the young couple who owned them if I could take them home with me. Or if they would take me home with them. Now I can't remember how it all went down.

3. Then I chopped and cooked and baked and talked to celery for the rest of the afternoon. I was trying to coax some  limp celery back to life and by golly with a little soak in ice cold water, a pep talk from me and a quick prayer on the side that celery was like new.
Next on the list was CPR. I'm glad it didn't come to that.

4. I've been nursing an injury. A couple of nights ago I ate a Lime Frozen Fruit Bar and it froze onto my upper lip. (Shades of A Christmas Story) (minus the pole and snow, of course) I made the mistake of pulling it off too soon and lo unto me part of my lip came off with it. There was bleeding and drama (and a huge concern that the blood was going to ruin my fruit bar) (because FIRST WORLD PROBLEM AND ALL)  and I may have moaned and complained and told The Chief one or several hundred times that I was pretty sure that I was going to need a blood transfusion. In typical Chief fashion though he kept a cool head, handed me a large wad of paper towels and said "Here. Stuff this in your mouth. I think it may just take care of the whole problem"

So anyway I survived (seriously, it was touch and go) and the next day was sporting a slightly swollen upper lip which looked a little like I may have had that lip-plumping surgery.
You know, without the injections or the hefty price tag.

Or Brad Pitt waiting for me at home with the kids.



So as you can see life has been exciting around here as always.

I do want to take the opportunity to wish all of you a very Happy Thanksgiving and to thank you for continuing to hang out here with me on occasion when you are totally bored and have nothing else in the world to do.

I'm thankful for you.

And Switzerland.

Love,

No comments: