Monday, December 17, 2012

The Promise is We'll Be Held

I'm simply not eloquent enough to adequately express my emotions over the recent school shootings. At least not in written form. It's as if I can't bear to write all the words and then have to look at them. Black and white. All neat and tidy. It seems too little.

Innocent little children. Devoted and heroic teachers. I can't fathom the unspeakable horror.

Their families have most assuredly had the sacred torn from their lives.

If I could sing (and I think I've expressed more than once here that it has always been a lifelong desire of mine...) this is what I'd sing for them.

Natalie Grant does it so well.





My favorite part at the end of the song...


If hope is born of suffering
If this is only the beginning
Can we not wait for one hour
Watching for our Savior

This is what it means to be held
How it feels, when the sacred is torn from your life
And you survive

This is what it is to be loved and to know
That the promise was that when everything fell
We'd be held.


Amen


No comments: