Friday, December 7, 2012

The Thrill Is Gone

So here it is Friday. And here I am writing about it.

(Well technically it's not Friday yet, but you would never know that.)

And if you're sharp you've caught on that I don't really have a plan for this post. Perhaps after I get going, we'll build up some steam.

Um.

Voila.

A handy bulleted list for your pleasure.

* I've been doing some cooking and some baking and the subsequent cleaning necessitated by such activities, and now all I really want to do is think about Person of Interest and Mr. Reese. Because why? He's awesome. That's why.

*I've recently unfriended my vacuum cleaner. I used to love my vacuum so much I wanted to marry it, but now it's slowly dying the slow death of all vacuum cleaners where it alternately works then doesn't work, then maybe sort of works if I only push it while my eyes are closed.

*Right now, right this very second, there's a Pina Colada Cheescake in my oven. Can you smell it?

*My driveway is sinking.

*I'm trying desperately not too get too excited about Johnny Manziel and the Heisman because, well, it's Johnny Manziel. And The Heisman.

*My son called me and told me he had dreamed something really strange and that I was the only one that would appreciate it. (I love it when these things happen.) In his dream he was working at one of the gates at Kyle Field and one of the people who came through his gate was Carl from Family Matters. I loved Carl. I loved Family Matters.

(This is not gaining much momentum is it?)

(Perhaps I should stop.)

(What's new with all of you?)

(Is your driveway sinking?)


No comments: