Friday, October 23, 2015

Ball of Fire


We had just the best time last weekend at our Brunch/Tailgate before what might have been the all-time hottest game on record at Kyle Field. It wasn't the temperature that was necessarily the problem, but the Sun. The most brutal, scorching sun ever positioned itself right over the newly renovated stadium and did it's dead level darndest to fry over 105,000 people.
The student section took the worst hit, of course, and the bowels of the stadium filled quickly with overheated (and somewhat depressed...) fans.
Six American dollars for a bottle of water? Why yes! I'll take 4 and please just pour the last two directly over my head.
So hot.

I suppose it would have been easier to look past the scorching heat if we had been winning, but we weren't. And we didn't. Bless.

We had the privilege of field passes, and before the game JT had to hold me back from doing a little field goal practice.


And please forget you saw me looking so frumpy and awful- did I mention the heat almost killed us?

I also had the chance to get a picture with my A&M Class of '79 classmate (and my boss...) General Joe Ramirez, Commandant of the Texas A&M Corps of Cadets.

Whoop!


I repeat. Bad hair day.

But. Before the game the weather was awesome and at the brunch we enjoyed great, great friends and family along with some wonderful food.

I forgot to take any pictures of the actual event (as I do) and only have the pictures I took before of the front porch before the festivities



(mainly because I was so proud of myself for putting out the pumpkins and the mums).

I admitted a long time ago that I have a "decorating phobia."


Don't even get me started on the front porches/yards/walkways I saw decorated in the Highland Park area of Dallas a few weeks ago. Talk about elaborate.
My word.
I assure you none of their décor included rusted buckets from the barn.  I suppose they haven't heard yet that they're all the rage.

It feels good to be on the cutting edge, doesn't it?

I love my porch.


And here's the back where most people ended up eating all their delicious brunch food...


Hope all of you are doing great- I'll check back in soon.


No comments: